Wednesday, July 11, 2012


Pesto!




A taste of summer!  I have a very simple recipe for pesto that I made up.  It doesn't have any nuts in it and it makes an excellent base for many recipes.  Here it is.....

Combine in a food processor:


4 Cups Basil
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder (2 crushed garlic cloves)
1 tsp salt
cracked pepper to taste
5 oz goat cheese


yields about 1 1/2 cups of creamy pesto







To freeze, I just put a cup in a freezer bag and seal.











The pesto is great for a pizza base!  Also, sometimes I cut the pesto with Greek yogurt and add it to hot pasta.  It makes for a very creamy pesto pasta. - Add in some artichokes and Greek olives...maybe some grilled shrimp...








roasted broccoli pesto pizza
* My friend Kylie lived in Vermont for almost ten years.  When she moved back to Maine, her Dad said that Kylie  "Vermont-ified " everything by adding goat cheese to it!  I think he has a point.*



Do you have any ideas for pesto?



No comments:

Post a Comment