Friday, September 21, 2012



August First
Bakery and Cafe 


149 South Champlain St.
Burlington 05401





  One summer day, I turned the corner and there it was!   I felt like I was definitely the last to know.  My first clue? -The long line.   






August First bakery was such a nice surprise for me.  When I go to Burlington I'm not often walking around this part of town.  I popped in and had a delicious snack and a iced chai.  As an after-thought I purchased a loaf of jalapeno pepper and cheese bread and headed home.






Wow!  That bread was awesome!   I've since been back for more and I would definitely recommend this as a stop on your next B-Town trip!






The fun thing I learned is that every afternoon the bread bikes drives around the Burlington streets, shouting...."Breaaad foooor sale!"   I love it!  That's something I've only seen in others countries!  I wish I had that service in my Vermont neighborhood!





No comments:

Post a Comment