Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Freezing Rhubarb. Hey, I never knew you could!





So when someone told me you could freeze rhubarb it totally changed my life! (ok that might be going a little overboard)  There is always a ton of rhubarb around, but it's not something I can use all at once.  Plus, strawberries are so delicious with rhubarb, but strawberries are not going to be ready for picking for a little while yet.  Freezing makes everything so much easier.




Freezing the rhubarb pieces first on a pan makes everything freeze faster and not stick together in one clump.




Find the recipe at- marthastewart.com
Rhubarb Upside-down Cake


 This is an upside-down cake I made. It's one of my favorite recipes using rhubarb (I had some strawberries in the refrigerator I added). Of course, my cake looks a little different then Martha Stewart's.  Maybe I should call mine, It May Have Fallen From a Three Story Building Cake.  Either way, it's delicious!
Do have a any favorite rhubarb recipes?  Let us know!






I keep my cut rhubarb in a glass of water until I can chop it up.  Look what is did on it's own!   I thought it looked really neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment